We saw the participants of our Creative Industries activity hold a market day to showcase their wares to the local community and service providers in Gununa.
Preparation for the market day improved participation and enthusiasm in the activity and the ladies are keen to do another one this month. They now have the skills to do this. Participants learned and used the following skills:
- Sewing of goods to a saleable quality
- Making and selling coffee
- Display and merchandising of goods
- Designing and producing a flyer
- Marketing and Promotion of an event in the community.
The day showed participants that they can be entrepreneurial and that even in a small remote community there are potential business opportunities.